Thursday, August 14, 2008

So many times i am asked one question that i absolutely hate... and the more i serve the more times the question comes up. Conversation starts like this.
Oh, so your serving?
yea, but it's just so i can get through school.
oh really, what are you going to school for?
English
(pause.silence.awkward silence) expecting something like, oh i want to be a doctor, or an attorney, or a buisness man soemthing like that
oh so you want to teach?
no
oh so what do you want to do with an English degree.
I want to tell them to mind their own damn business but i don't. shit man i don't know what i am going to do with an English degree, I like to read and write even though i suck at it, honestly person sitting in the booth questioning me about what i am going to do with my life when you very clearly either hate you life or hate your own college experience that you find the need to ask every damn person what their going to do with their life shut the hell up and eat your meal and if you find my service adequate tip me more then ten percent!
Its like my wife for example, i am so ridiculously jealous of her, ever since she jumped out of the womb she has known that she wanted to be a nurse. MAYBE I AM JUST RETARDED? MAYBE? Honestly i don't know. I am sitting here watching the Olympics and swimming is on, who in their right mind thought "wow, i want to be a professional swimmer" i wish i would have thought about that! i did think about be a professional baseball player but lets be honest the chances of that happening was like 1 out of 1 million little leaguers. If someones else asks me what i want to do when i grow up i am going to kick some major ass. It is so annoying to have perfect stranger ask me and act like they care with what i am going to do with my life from here on out i am just going to make up shit. Like i am going to be an Olympic Gymness although i am completely too old to even start but here on out i am a professional Gymness actually funny you mentioned it i have actually help train Shawn Johnson for the 2008 Gymnastics. Suckers! and the funny thing is, is that they are actually going to believe it. Maybe i will be a teacher and tell all the people that ask me, that i am going to teach their kids one day. oh maybe i was someone who came up with a dot com company and now retired and i am just serving because i like to talk to people. Honestly i know what i want to be when i graduate but its kind of like when you blow out your candles on your birthday you can not tell people because it just might not come true.

No comments: